Saturday, February 14, 2009

GOOD(??) MORNING!!

Early mornings are anything but Good,
I thought to myself as I stepped out of the blanket and stood.
Mom's endless wake up calls I get,
Turn into howls when they are not met.
Threats like 'I'll never wake you up again',
When not responded to make her go insane.
Pulling off the blanket to get me out of bed,
'You are getting late' is whats always said.
'Put on the geyser', I shout hiding below,
Not letting anyone break my unending sleep's flow.
Five minutes more, thats all I need,
Give them to me and do your day's first good deed.
Ruchi joins in to make me feel like the world's coming to an end,
Just a little more peace, thats all I need you to lend.
As I lay in bed staring at the world around me,
I'm met with eyes which are quite scary.
'If you are up, then get out of bed',
They know I won't, still everyday its said.
'The green light in the geysers on',
Endlessly Ruchi shouts unless I'm gone.
Its just a geyser you need to understand,
It won't spark off, its from a good brand.
'You like always are going to be late',
Big deal!!The world can wait.

Don't be such a creep,
Just let me sleep.
Its important to me,
To sleep like I'm free.
Remember every morning when you shout to wake me up,
You too are 'me' when you ask for 5 more minutes and the morning tea cup.

Every morning I wonder what wrong I've done,
The only one happy in the morning I guess is the Sun.
'Just rise a little late',its a plea,
Please please please...do this for me!!






1 comment:

Mayank said...

hear hear! :P

p.s. how come EVERYTHING rhymes these days! u make it seem so effortless! kudos!